Monday, June 29, 2009

Havasupai Falls!!!



Last Thursday ten of us went to the beautiful Havasupai falls in the south part of the grand canyon, Kyle and I, Kristine and Brandon, Vicki and Justin, Art and Krissy, and Ryan and Robyn ventured off 10 miles to the beautiful falls and my oh my I had no clue that something that beautiful could be in Arizona! Its just amazing! The water is this beautiful blue green and absolutely as clear as can been! Now givin the hike is 10 miles all the way to the camp ground and 8 to the village was a little challenging for us lol its just a really long hike and about a mile in a half of those dang switch backs, man! We figured about all together we did about 28 miles, walking there and back and to the village once to call and see if Talen and the other girls wanted to see if their kids were doing ok and then back to all the falls, dang that is alot especially for me I'm so not a hiker hahah!

It's just an awesome place that I think everyone should at least go see and try once in their lives, it was a good experience. They have the camp grounds but they also have lodges you can stay at in the village, it really is just an great experience and a hole different world down there! But let me add I will never hike it again, but I will however pay to helicopter down or horse back ride hahaha that was just too many miles for me, but what a great time we had and what a fun bunch of people that went with us! We had a wonderful time! If you ever get the chance to go see it you really should!!! We only got to see two falls Mooney and Havasupai because the others were damaged from the flood they had last year :( but they were both beautiful!! And man did I miss our Talen Ryan more than ever it was so hard to be away from him, I have never been away from him for that long so that was hard, but I am so greatful that my sister took care of Talen for me, thank again sissy, I love you! But all in all we really enjoyed ourselves! Hope you enjoyed the pictures!

6 comments:

Kassi Jane said...

o my goodness i cant believe thats in arizona either! so pretty! I might be moving to showlow soon so if i do we need to hang out!

Kaylee said...

Looks great! Congrats on making it through that hike! I am so out of shape that hike would have killed me!

Brian said...

Looks like you guys had a great time I really wish I would have got to go I miss you guys so much its good to see you made it back in one piece ha ha anyways great pic i love and miss you guys

Kay and Krystal said...

Looks like so much fun! My family wants to go this year..but I'm to big a chicken to hike that far and to leave my Kaidence girl.ha

Unknown said...

Wow! That is beautiful! We have been wanting to go there so bad, I heard the hike is tough lol as you said. I will just horse back ride it or heli it with you! :) Congrats on doing it and making it out!!! By the way you look amazing, I'm so jealous girl! Call me sometime.
Jessica

Unknown said...

it was nice seeing your little family tonight! Talen is getting to big! let us know if you ever want a park date:)