Sunday, March 1, 2009

PAPA GEORGE, WE LOVE YOU!!!





As most of you know Grandpa George Slone sadly passed away on Tuesday February 24, a complete shocker that all of us are still going through. This has been so hard for the hole Slone family, I cant even begin to describe what everyone is going through! Grandpa George is the literly the foundation for the hole Slone family and my what a bunch they are, I have never seen a family so close and that is just such a blessing because that is what is going to get everyone through this difficult time in our life's, I truly believe that every family should use the Slones as a example, they are amazing. I have never in my life been so proud and truly blessed to be married into the Slone family and apart of this wonderful family that the Lord has truly blessed! It has been the hardest thing to ever go through, being so close to him and loosing him, its just so hard to let go and except that the Lord needs him more then us! Something that Kyle and I are learning going through this is our faith and how strong it really is, thanks to grandpa George... a while ago George gave Kyle this wonderful book called God calling and told us to read it every night together, and let me say with loosing him we are starting tonight reading it together everyday.

Grandpa George I cannot thank you enough for welcoming me with open arms into your WONDERFUL family and knowing you has been the best thing that has ever happen to me and it has been such an honor knowing you and learning everything that you taught us, thank you! Kyle looked up to you and loved you more then you will ever know, and Talen loves his papa George and always will, and as for me thank you for making our life so much fun and reassuring us of our faith and our love for Lord! You always made me feel so loved and special to you, and you always knew Kyle and I were perfect for each other! You are truly the best and most wonderful father, husband,brother, and grandpa I have ever known, and with that being said WE LOVE YOU and we will meet you up there and see you again someday :) We love you, Grandpa, George, and Papa George!!!

6 comments:

SloneFamily said...

Well Said. HE was a great man that will truly be missed. You guys take care of yourself!

TrAvIs aNd SaVaNnA said...

Ah that made me cry. It is so nice. Things aren't real to me yet, but it makes me less scared to die because I can not wait for one of his Big Grandpa Hugs and kiss on the cheek

Roger,Tammy,Daniel,Jacob,Justina&Brooklyn said...

Yes Baby well said , You do have a way with words. Just like I already told you and Kyle you lost Grandpa George but at the same time you guys gained a GAURDIAN ANGEL. I didnt know George that good but the times I was with him, he did welcome my family with open arms too. and for that I feel blessed to of known him. When George was sick in hospital Roger was down there almost each day at his lunch and went after work. Roger got to know George and Linda
pretty good. He would tell me all the time how wonderful George and Linda are. And I know Roger charishes the time he got to spend with George. George will be greatly missed. I love You, Kyle and my Baybaby so much.
Love Sissy

jpeezy6 said...

I am sorry for your and Kyle's lost, just know that he is in a better place now. And I love my Wii too! I am sore from hula hooping ha. And fortunately, Justin hasn't played yet so I have all of the top scores!! Haha

Nicole said...

I'm so glad that I got to see you guys last weekend. Oh how I wish it were under better circumstances but George was such an amazing man and such an inspiration! I had no idea that he had such a rough childhood but look what a great family he ended up creating because of it! You Slone's are all absolutely wonderful people full of love, life and faith. We love you guys! We should definitely get together this weekend if you guys have time. Call us, k! Love you!

Brian said...

Katie I dont think anyone could have wrote something about george better then you did you described him perfectly and he will be greatly missed your right to it does not seem real and I am still having a hard time beleaving it but know he is in a better place and he no longer feels sick and that we will all get to see him again i love you kyle and talen so much and know if you ever need anything I am here for you and I will always be there for you hope all is well i love you guys