Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Seriously?

What is it about working out and eating healthy that I just cant quite understand? I mean my goodness I just flat out sink at this! So, Kyle and I have been doing P90X and is totally kicking my you know what lol but is a great workout and really does get your behind in some serious shape, would totally recommend it to anyone, we have been so so trying to do it every night once Talen goes down to bed but then I just totally ruin it and run and eat junk food afterwords and its not like I'm even hungry its just to eat, its crazy!!! Let me tell ya though I am thinking I need to do alot more P90X before I get my butt in a swimsuit this summer haha... but really does anyone have any tips on at least trying to stay on a healthy eating habit and STAY healthy?! I mean Kyle and I went to Sam's club this weekend and were really trying to do the right thing and get the strawberries and fruits and healthy stuff, but when we walked down the asil of all the real good stuff like peanut butter m&ms mmmm and my fav the bagel bits I just cant resist lol, I'm like a kid in a candy shop! It sucks! And what makes it even harder is ok, Kyle is really good about eating healthy and when I with him I do so good, but when he is at work all day, YIKES, it gets bad! Anyone have any ideas as for what I should be eating throughout the day that somewhat healthy, please do tell :) Thanks for letting me vent a little!

oh and seriously I had to post this little clip of Talen Ryan, its just so darn cute he is so funny and makes the funniest noises sometimes, Kyle and I just die!!!

6 comments:

Nicole said...

When you want sweets eat something healthy with them, for example, I like to eat strawberries dipped in chocolate syrup (thanks to my sister!). Just a little dip every other strawberry will satisfy your craving for sweets. I wouldn't necessarily say that its healthy but its a good way to get a little sweet and healthy at the same time. I'm not the best eater in the world so I don't have much advice! I'm not a huge sweet fan either so I don't have that problem during the day, I just eat big portions when I do eat. But I am a sucker for ice cream. If you want to make my day, bring me ice cream! This video of Talen is adorable! I love kids' laughs, they are the sweetest thing in the whole world! Hope you guys are doing well. Lets get together soon. Love you!

andermom said...

Love the clip of Talen. He is way cute! About the eating healthy... best thing I can say is take lots of walks pushing your little guy around in a stroller. He will love it and you can snack 'cause you burned some calories. Win win! :)

TrAvIs aNd SaVaNnA said...

I love talen's noises. Like when he growls. Its so funny. Well apparently people say when you crave sweets you should eat a piece of gum and it will satisfy your craving but I'm not to sure yet. Maybe you could make a list before you go to the grocery store without sweets only only buy whats on the list....Just don't keep the sweets in the house. Oh and katie, I know this may be hard for you, but The HUGE slices of pizza and polish dog things at Sam's Club are really not healthy lol. Love ya.

Coco said...

Hi,
I linked to your blog through Kay and Krystal's. I too have your problem and sweets are appealing. More then others ice cream. But I found that if I don't keep the sweets stashed in my house I cant eat them unless I load up the baby and go to the store. And by the time I convince myself that I REALLLLY need sweets I don't want to go to the store.

Oh and your little boy is cute!
-Coco

SloneFamily said...

Ok, Katie if you are doing P90x that is why you are snacking so much... because your body is metabolising like crazy so you are more hungry! And you are super thin so give yourself a break. Yoplait Light (Boston Cream Pie and Apple Turnover) will kill a sweet tooth though. Or Strawberries with Sugar, Or just some good old fashioned gummy worms... Oh how I love my gummies!!!

Casi said...

Katie as you know I am the BEST at eating healthy! I always have a few bags of crap on hand so at any moment you can satisfy those cravings! I'm no help to you at all! Sorry but I also love love peanut butter m&ms so I will have to start stashing those too! Love ya cant wait to see you next weekend!